Cholatse Peak climbing known as Jobo Lhaptshan, is one of the difficult trekking peaks lies in the Everest region, has opened for climbing under mountaineering association of Nepal, declared in group A category climbing peak. Main attraction of Cholatse peak is panoramic views of Himalayan peaks like Everest (8850), Nuptse (7879m), Lhotse (9501m), Lhotse Shar (8383m), Makalu (8475m), Baruntse (7720m), and Ama Dablam (6856m) Thamserku, Cho-oyu etc.
- A technical 6,000m snow/ice ascent
- Spectacular exposure on an aesthetic route
- Uncrowded Himalayan classic
Our line up the South West Ridge involves climbing steep snow and ice pitches linking two camps that we place alpine style on our way to the summit. We acclimatise on Lobuche East before crossing the Cho La to our Base Camp beneath the mountain.
The route ascends through snow slopes leading to a crux section on rock. Once past the difficulties, the climbing culminates in a steep and superb ridgeline that plateaus onto the summit dome.
Cholatse peak is situated at Mahalangur Himalayan range in Everest region at Solukhumbu District, Nepal. Comparatively Cholatse Peak is very hard to climb than other peaks in Nepal. Mt Cholatse is the technically difficult as we need to be careful ascent. We recommended cholatse peak for those climbers who are experience in ice and rock climbing. Only few climbers get success in cholatse peak climbing. Climbers need a vast mountaineering ability to climb Cholatse peak. Cholatse peak is connected to Taboche (6,501m) on a long ridge.
Cholatse peak climbing itinerary has designed carefully to allow for gradual ascend and proper acclimatization by our climbing expert. Best season for Cholatse peak climbing is March to May and September to November. If given Cholatse peak climbing itinerary is not suitable for you, we design another itinerary as per your desire and duration of holidays. We make Cholatse peak climbing itinerary short and long according to your demand. Cholatse Peak climbing can be arranged any time in season as per your requirement. We Nepal New Generation Team arrange all necessary infrastructures to assist you in your Mt. Cholatse peak climbing attempt.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1350 m)
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2886m.) and Trek to Phakding village: 35 Min fly: 3:30 Hrs trek
Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440 m.), 5 Hrs
Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar (3440 m.) for acclimatization then to Khumjung (3780 m)
Day 06: Khumjung to Dole (4040m) , 5hrs
Day 07: Dole to Machermo (4410m), 5: 30 hrs
Day 08: Machermo to Gokyo Lake (4750m), 4 hrs
Day 09: Gokyo Lake to Gokyo Ri (5,333m.) and back to Gokyo Lake
Day 10: Gokyo village to Thagnak (4661m), 4 hrs
Day 11: Tagnag to Dzongla (4830m) via Cho La Pass (5330m), 6 hrs
Day 12: Dzongla to Cholatse Base Camp (4930m). 3 hrs
Day 13 - 16 : Cholatse Climbing / Expedition period
Day 17: Pheriche to Phortse (3750m.), 6 hrs
Day 18: Phortse (3750m.) to Khumjung (3790m.), 7 hrs
Day 19: Khumjung to Monjo village (2835m.), 5:30 hrs
Day 20: Trek from Monjo to Lukla Bazzar (2886 m.): 6 hrs
Day 21: Thirty five minutes flight to Kathmandu from Lukla early in the morning.
Day 22: Final departrure to the international airport.
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfer – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu: 3 nights hotel (3-star category) in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Sharing Twin Bed Room.
- Welcome Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs.
- Cargo Clearance:International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes in Nepal. **before the expedition.
- Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA) to climb Mt. Cholatse, Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipal entry, Sagarmatha National park permit & fee.
- Garbage Management:Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- Trekking Route Map.
- Insurance:Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved Nepalese staffs during the trek and expedition.
- Member transportation:
-Air Transportation: Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, domestic flight as per itinerary
- Expedition Stuffs Transportation:Transportation of expedition equipment of all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo) and to Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo). Member’s personal equipment will be transport by air.
- Member Luggage:Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Yak.
- Food and Lodging: 3 meals a day (BLD; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs.
- Porter:Porters per member up to Base camp from Lukla & while returning porters from Base camp to Lukla.
- Base Camp Staff: Experienced and well-trained Base Camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Staff Salary and allowance:All Nepalese staffs & porter’s daily wages, salary, equipment, foods & clothing.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: At Base camp: foam mattresses and pillow per member, 1 Dinning Tent, 1 Kitchen Tent, 1 Communication tent, 1 Toilet & 1 Shower Tent, 1 Staffs Tent, 1 Tent for Nepalese base camp staffs, Store tents, Tables & chairs & all necessary cooking gears.
- Solar/Generator/Light:1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 veteran and Government Licensed Climbing Sherpa per member.
- Rope Fixing Team:The team of experienced Sherpas will fix the route on Mt. Cholatse (no extra charge will be applied to members).
- Climbing Sherpa Salary & Allowance:Climbing Sherpa Salary, Equipment, Food and Clothing.
- High camp service: High Altitude Tent, Necessary cooking EPI gas, cooking pot for member, High food for member, Sherpa, all climbing crew in all high camps. Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope during the climbing period as required. * Increases the cost
- Oxygen Bottle (O2):Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (subjected to charge).
- Oxygen Mask & Regulator: Sets of Summit Oxygen mask & regulator will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- Satellite Phone for emergency communication carrying by Sherpa, also available for members with appropriate charge.
- Walkie-Talkie: Walkie –Talkie for communicating from Base Camp to Mountain and Mountain to Base Camp.
- Permit: Satellite Phone / walkie-talkie permit for all members and staffs.
- Weather Forecast: Weather forecast report from National Weather Forecast authority during the entire expedition.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Certificate: Cholatse climbing certificate issued by NMA (after climbing Mt. Cholatse successfully).
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 60 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 120).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (also in case of early return from Trekking / Expedition than the scheduled itinerary).
- Extra night in Kathmandu: Extra nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu. In case of early arrival or late departure, early return from Trekking / Expedition (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Insurance: Travel and high-altitude insurance, accident, helicopter medical & emergency evacuation. *Mandatory
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Helicopter, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, Toiletries, battery recharge, hot shower, laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve soft drinks for members in base camp).
- Personal Equipment: Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking /Climbing Gears.
- Fixing rope, gears and equipment: Cholaste is technical and multiday climbing peak, this peak requires route and rope fixing. (Clients need to buy all Necessity gears and equipment if they are taking just basecamp service).
- Toiletries: Soaps, shampoos, toilet and tissue papers, toothpaste, and other items used to keep yourself clean.
- Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee.
- Internet Service: Not included during the trek.
- Summit Bonus: Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa.
- Tips: Tips for Basecamp and other staffs.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.